ORTE is an innovative medical robotic solution: a powered exoskeleton that aims to help PMR physicians and physiotherapists to:
– Gather a wealth of information and data about the upper-limb condition they currently lack
– Shorten times needed to evaluate functional consequences of upper-limb musculoskeletal injuries or upper-limb nerve traumas
– Determine the most appropriate treatment for each patient
– Reduce direct healthcare costs allowing to attend more patients per session
– Monitor rehabilitation progression in a reliable and precise way
– Improve training of new specialists and professionals
Human musculoskeletal system around the shoulder is an extremely sophisticated and interrelated system that can produce a variety of complex movements. A lot of them are part of our daily living, such as eating and bathing. Shoulder injuries are, unfortunately, unexceptional: excessive stretching, overexertion, strains, accidents, sports injuries, surgeries, … are common shoulder damages. And they cause dissabilities, lower quality of life and loss of working days.
In diagnostic mode, ORTE will feed kinematic data of patient’s performance of a set of movements into the 3D model, that will provide information about the musculoskeletal system condition and its capacity for recovery.